On-Farm fungicide timing project
Lead Researchers: Holly Derksen
Start Date: 2018
Project Status: COMPLETE
Objectives: The purpose of this project is to quantify the impact of fusarium head blight on quality of harvested grain. Trial will compare producer’s normal fungicide application at the recommended rate and timing of a fungicide application 3 to 5 days after the recommended timing.
Total Project Cost: $25,000
MWBGA Funding Approved: $25,000
Partner Funding: $
Funding Partners: Grower collaborators and On-Farm Test coaches
Benefits to MB Producers:
- Access to latest research that can be applied to their farm.
- Determine profitability of the practices.
- Obtain fusarium damaged kernel (FDK) and deoxynivalenol (DON) results.
- Compare and contrast results with other participants
- Learn accepted on-farm-testing procedures.